95 Kawasaki 750 bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 Kawasaki 750 bogging

I'm on the last 1/4 of the first tank breaking in an SBT engine (I'm following the instructions in Bryan's '02 post). The engine is starting to bog down and doesnt rev past about 4500RPM. Could this be early fouling of the breakin set of plugs or could this be something worse?

It starts relatively easily (acted flooded a couple times).

I am using 32:1 mix with SBT breakin oil and a blockoff plate installed.

Thx!

Re: 95 Kawasaki 750 bogging

Yes it's probably just he plugs, swap them.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Tried the ski this weekend with new plugs. No improvement. Looks like I'll be rebuilding the carbs this week.

I do have a question though: The gaskets provided by SBT for the intake just go around the edge while the old metal ones have a much smaller opening in the center. This causes the plastic inserts inside the reed cages to be slightly loose when the intake is installed. Could this be an issue? What are the inserts for? Do I need different gaskets?

thx.

Comment

They are called reed stuffers, they change the velocity of the intake charge. The gaskets should not be restricting the air flow for optimal performance, no that's not an issue.
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Just to finish the story, I rebuilt the carbs and I can now run WOT.

rant
          This past week, I started having a problem where it started cavitating and losing thrust after hitting waves. It turns out when I had some fiberglass work done on the bottom, the IDIOT that did the work decided the pump bolts werent important! He left them all off! This leads to rule 1: Never let someone else work on your ski.

The reason for all this mess in the first place is I let my brother ride the ski last year and he ran it over rocks and partially sank it. This leads to rule 2: dont let other people ride your ski.
          /rant

The ski runs great! Thanks to SBT!

Comment

Working...
          X