Flywheel cover removed and now have a question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flywheel cover removed and now have a question

I just received my new 750cc kawasaki from SBT. Real excited to get it in there. Well i removed the flywheel cover and a spring and a little metal tube fell off. Does anyone know where they go?? Im have tried figuring it out but no luck. Thakns for the help. (COuld this be for the oil pump... i will using the oil pump block off kit i ordered and going pre mix.

Re: Flywheel cover removed and now have a question

There is two possibilities of what the "metal tube" is that you are describing.

It is probably the bushing that goes into the cover before the spring, that align the starter bendix gear shaft. If you go to www.buykawasaki.com you can look up parts microfiche for your jet ski. Search on engine cover and you will see where the washer, bushing and spring go into the cover.

The other possibility of the "metal tube" is simply a case dowel pin. There are two dowel pins that fit into the cover that align the cover to the engine block. 1/2 of the dowel goes into the cover, and the other 1/2 goes into the block.

I find the kawasaki microfiche very helpful if you do not have a service manual for your ski, or even if you do have a manual.

I printed most of the pages out during my recent SBT engine install on my 750 as it was great to have the microfiche diagrams in hand.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Re: Flywheel cover removed and now have a question

They are for the bendix.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
      X