1100 STX #1 Cylinder Hot on Flush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 STX #1 Cylinder Hot on Flush

I recently replaced the engine in my 1998 Kawasaki 1100 STX with a rebuilt engine from SBT (this is the second one, the first one overheated and seized due to an obstruction in the cooling system per the SBT analysis). In both cases, after the SBT engines were installed, the #1 cylinder seems to run much hotter than 2 or 3 when using the flush fitting. I am positive the original engine did not do that. Is that a sign of trouble to come when I start breaking the engine in? I realize the flow is different when cooling water comes from the jet pump, but am concerned since the original engine did not do this and my first SBT engine overheated.

Also - where can I get a clear diagram of how water flows from the jet pump, through the exhaust and engine block/heads and back out?

Re: 1100 STX #1 Cylinder Hot on Flush

Yes, the original did do that, it's completely normal. Yes the cooling flow is reveresed on the flush hose, so it's even more prominent. They even added a flywheel cover cooler on some models to help. You have nothing to be concerned about. www.buykawasaki.com has all the fiche.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X