This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki 750sx full throttle revs than cuts out

I have a 1993 kawasaki 750sx. I have a coffmans lightning series exhaust on it and a 42mm kiehn carb. I have had this ski running fine for years but can't get it to run right after replacing a crank shaft housing that got trashed. I bought a crank shaft from sbt and replaced the crank shaft housing. The jetski starts no problem but when I give it full throttle it won't maintain full throttle. It gets full throttle then cuts out and keeps going back and forth between full throttle and about quarter throttle all while I still have the throttle fully pegged. It just won't stay at full throttle. So could it be a bad cdi unit and the rev limiter is kicking in?? I know it is not the carb because the same thing happens with a brand new carb and intake manifold. I have taken apart the engine and replaced every gasket and still it happens. I have also replaced the o-ring under the collet on the pto side of the engine on the crank shaft and it still happens. Could it be the micro touch water injection system failing?? There is a solenoid and a sealed electrical unit. If one of those goes would it stop you from maintaining full throttle??? Need help!!! email paulbubert@aol.com

Re: Kawasaki 750sx full throttle revs than cuts out

The SBT Forums are for SBT Product Support ONLY. For all general PWC support/discussion, please post on www.pwctoday.com.

Thank you - SBT Mgt.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X