06 sxr800 grenade noises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 sxr800 grenade noises

I have been riding super jets for 12 years. Just bought a new 2006 sxr800. I had group k install their big bore kit. Basically 834c.c's and modification of the following stock parts including carbs, porting, head, intake and exhaust plumbing. My question is: do all sxrs sound like they are going to blow up at low rpm's? Ive had alot of skis and this one concerns me with the knocking and chatter noises. Its very noticeable at low rpms. It happens cold and warm. Runs strong on the water but I am still breaking it in so havent done a full throttle pull yet. This ski has less than 1 hour running time total. Any paticular parts or areas I should check?? I know the question is vague but someone please help. Ive already tore the motor down to the cases and everything looked clean. No scoring anywhere.
    Last edited by futom; 05-06-2007, 11:37 PM.

Re: 06 sxr800 grenade noises

I have a stock SXr and from day one it has had a clunking rough idle, as do a few others that I have seen. I just believe that there is a little slop built in to all of them, but **** they sure do sound sweet when running WOT.

Comment

Re: 06 sxr800 grenade noises

2004 SXR here and it perrrrs like a kitten at any RPM. Open throttle sounds sweet and what a power band!

Comment

Working...
      X