zxi 1100 no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zxi 1100 no start

I was out at the lake jet ski was running fine when i shut it off. Tryed to start it back up and nothing, doesnt even turn. the trim moves so i know there is power plus i checked connection on the battery. I hooked a volt metter to the battery and that was good then i hooked it to the power out of the computer and there is nothing when i hit the start please help!
    Last edited by gstturbo4g63; 05-29-2007, 01:36 PM.

Re: zxi 1100 no start

I am having the same problem on my ski. Its an 01 STX 900. It cranked for a couple of turns, then nothing. All gauges light up, new battery, but when you hit the start button, it will not crank. You can cross the starter relay to make it crank. The relay is not clicking, and when I tap on it, it still won't crank. Is this a common problem with these skis? The relay doesn't look corroded. Any ideas anyone???

Comment

figured out the prob it was a loose wire in one of the connectors inside the cdi box runs liek a champ

Comment

gee thanks ill go home and take a look at mine... :emoticonc

Comment

I have the same problem with my ski not turning over. I also was riding and turned the ski off to enjoy the water, but when I tried to start my ski up no response. My battery was good just would not make a sound. I noticed you mentioned a cdi. What is a cdi and where is it?

Comment

I just spent 3 weeks troubleshooting this exact problem.

Basically for me it boiled down to water getting into the electrical wires that goes to the On/Off switch (the last leg there).

I had enough power to run everything except the starter relay. ...which made it really difficult to troubleshoot.

When I tested everything I was getting 12V or so, but then I remembered an article I read in Popular Mechanics. It talked about the need to backprobe connectors while under load to see if there is a point in the circuit that is restricting the flow of current. (...which isn't visible directly from a voltmeter using the traditional method because it sucks such a small amount of power to get its reading.)
            http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...o/4314662.html

So yeah, even though I read 12V throughout the entire system the corroded wires were keeping me from getting the proper current through to run the starter relay.

And believe me when I say that I tried everything before I tried this technique. I even added a second starter solenoid and ran it in parallel.

I hope this saves someone the headache that I went through.

Comment

Two Stroke Kid,

The CDI is the computer brain that runs most of the electricals like Ignition and such. It is enclosed in the electrical box.

Seth

Comment

Working...
              X