Ordered Gaskets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered Gaskets

I ordered an exhaust gasket kit for my 1998 1100 STX. I recieved them today (fast shipping, thanks) My question is that one of the gaskets is metal?? The ones on my ski are standard. Is this correct? If so, which way does the metal gasket install? There are destinct sides. Thanks.

Re: Ordered Gaskets

I tried the metal gasket and it leaked bad. The front worked good but the rear did not. What am I doing wrong or is this even the right gasket?

Comment

go to buykawasaki.com and reference exactly which gasket you are talking about. Or link to it in our store.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Technical Support
        go to buykawasaki.com and reference exactly which gasket you are talking about. Or link to it in our store.
        I did. I used your buy by make/model option for my 1998. The gasket is the correct shape just the wrong material. Using the wizard this is what I ordered:

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/Merchant2...e=1998k1100stx

Not sure what happened??

Comment

OK I still don't know which gasket you are tlking about in the kit. Regardless, the material is correct. We use the latest OEM spec for all our gaskets. Exhaust gaskets require treatment - did you perhaps put them on dry? Make sure you had it in the right orientation. The link I supplied above shows the microfiche if you are not sure.

Comment

Based on the parts diagram from that website, the two gaskets I needed were the Manifold Gasket (11060A) and the Muffler gasket (11060B). The Manifold gasket is standard gasket but the Muffler gasket is metal. First issue is the oriantation of the metal gasket. The gasket has a raised side, not sure which way that side goes. The second thing is I didnt treat it, what do I need to treat it with? Any help would be great.

Comment

It's a crush washer, it doesn't matter which side goes up. Treat all exhaust gaskets with Copper spray gasket treatment found at any auto store.

Comment

Thanks. Since I attempted to install it once, do I need to order a new one?

Comment

Yes, gaskets are not reuseable reliably.

Comment

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                    X