Top speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top speed

Hi, i have just bought a 1999 900 stx. The speedo is in KPH. At 7,750 rpm it shows 62 KPH, which is about 38.5 mph. A friend has a yam xlt1200 and ran along side me to confirm the speed. Looking through the forums people are quoting speeds in excess of 50mph. Is my ski slow or are there figures inflated?

P.S the xlt1200on a gps is doing 52mph and other's are quoting 70mph plus on that model two.

Regards

Paul
    Last edited by jetskipaul; 06-19-2007, 03:01 AM. Reason: spelling

Re: Top speed

Hi, no-one now how fast a 900 stx should be then?????????????????? Or is it a secret.:emoticons

Regards

Paul

Comment

Right if we don't no how fast they go, would a 3mm gap around the impeller slow it down? Took the cover of the bottom of the ski and put a feeler gauge in it. Is the main shaft to the impeller on a flexable mount. If not my impeller maybe coming undone.

Please answer:)

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by jetskipaul
        Hi, i have just bought a 1999 900 stx. The speedo is in KPH. At 7,750 rpm it shows 62 KPH, which is about 38.5 mph. A friend has a yam xlt1200 and ran along side me to confirm the speed. Looking through the forums people are quoting speeds in excess of 50mph. Is my ski slow or are there figures inflated?

P.S the xlt1200on a gps is doing 52mph and other's are quoting 70mph plus on that model two.

Regards

Paul
        I have an 06 900 STX and I can reach 47 MPH with my 200 LBS butt on it. My 1998 1100 STX can crack about 49 MPH with my butt on it. These numbers are for your reference and based on the onboard speedo.

Comment

Hi, thank you for your reply. My stx has gone into the dealer's. They have informed me that the bearing at the rear of the jet pump has broken, this has smashed the impellor. I will be getting it back on Monday. They have said the state it was in it's a wonder it would do 40mph. I am hoping to see a big improvmrent. :)

Thanks again for your input.

Paul

Comment

The ski came back today and i have just come back from trying it. It is doing 47mph. I was hoping for a little more, but at least it's alot better than it was. Pulls better to.

regards

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by jetskipaul
              The ski came back today and i have just come back from trying it. It is doing 47mph. I was hoping for a little more, but at least it's alot better than it was. Pulls better to.

regards

Paul
              Thats pretty good. The motor in the 900STX is only 100HP. That is about as fast as my 1100 STX. Glad everything worked out.

Comment

Working...
              X