High idle speed on 1100 ZXI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High idle speed on 1100 ZXI

My son wtore yesterday about our 1100 that would only slowly decelerate when the throttle was released and would not stop running when the kill switch was released. We had to pull out the choke to shut it down. Now when starting it out of the water momentarily, it revs up to 6000 with the throttle at idle, but shuts down with the kill switch. I pulled the carburators and the gaskets at the base of the carbs look OK. I also took the carbs apart and all of the diaphragms look OK to the naked eye. Also, the throttle plates do completly close when the throttle is at idle. How can it run at 6000 RPM with the throttle plates closed? Even if there was an induction leak, how could it be large enough to let in a large enough volume of air for the engine to run at 6000? I have ordered a new gasket set from SBT. Should I replace only the gaskets at the base of the carbs, or others as well? The ones at the base of the cylinders where the intqke manifold attaches look intact at the edges, as I have not removed this as the bolts holding this on appear a little difficult to get to. Thanks for your help.

Re: High idle speed on 1100 ZXI

I know this is a old post, but have you solved this problem? I have the exact same issue on my zxi. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X