Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1100 STX DI Battery Problem, need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1100 STX DI Battery Problem, need help!!

Hello,
    I have been having this problem with my 2001 Kawasaki 1100cc STX DI where it just shuts off for no reason weather i was going full speed, or just putting around, but you could hit the start button as soon as it shut off and it would turn right back on. But i was getting no warnings at all when it would shut off. Now i am getting a battery warning when it runs......turns out the battery is not being recharged when the ski is running. Anyone else ever have this problem?? I am going to test the stator, but if its not the stator does it sound like it can be my EMM?? Im in desperate need of some help!!

Re: 1100 STX DI Battery Problem, need help!!

Test stator output with known good battery. Should be 13.5dcv-15dcv at approx.5000rpm. Also chck reg/rect. see manual for values and procedure.

Comment

The same thing happen to BOTH of my 2001 1100 STX DI on the same day. With the engine off, remove the grey plastic inspection bolt located on the mag/stator cover. Inspect it for moisture and oil. It should be dry. Mine had some oil due to a bad crankshaft seal. The leaky seal can short out the electrical windings. This will also send a code to the computer and flash the battery and check engine lights.

Hopefully you'll be lucky and caught the problem before damaging your mag/stator and just have to replace the crankshaft seal, and not the mag/stator like I had to do!

-Charlie

Comment

if stator is good try testing voltage regulator located under igniter in elec box

Comment

After I replaced the fried stator, the engine was hard starting and would not run without me giving it some throttle. As soon as I let it go it would die. No codes, just the flashing battery icon. To make a long story short, I sent in the (EMM) computer to DFI Technologies. They found the problem and repaired the EMM's voltage regulator and updated the firmware. Now the engine runs better than it did when it was new!!

The liquid in the mag/stator cover also has the ability to damage the EMM!

Comment

Working...
          X