need help after jet pump rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help after jet pump rebuild

I recently rebuilt the jet pump on my 2000 kawasaki 900 stx. I put in new bearings, seals and the seal that goes on the nose of the impeller. I also sent the impeller to SBT to have it reconditioned. I checked the impeller housing with micrometers and it was in proper specs. I followed the kawasaki manual for the rebuild. I took it out sunday, it ran great. Before the rebuild, the fastest it would go was about 46 or 47. After the rebuilding, it was topping out at 50 to 51 the first day running it about 15 miles. I took it out the next day and it was running about 50 to 51 at first. Then I hit some hard wakes and and my top speed dropped back down to 47. I need some help as what might have happened or something else I should do. I put in a new engine last year and it ran great until the pump went bad. I did not re-align the motor after the pump rebuild, the manual did not say to do it. I am using premium uneaded gas.

thanks kevin

Re: need help after jet pump rebuild

Kevin,
    Sounds like a good job on the pump rebuild. I'd check the coupling & alignment. Sounds like something shifted out of place. Good Luck. Tom

Comment

Working...
    X