2000 stx 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 stx 900

just baught 2000 kawi stx 900 32 hours wont go over 45 is this normal never had ski before tachs out 7200 rpm any tips are welcome i am master auto tech

Re: 2000 stx 900

I got 2000 900 STX in 2006 with 66 hrs on it. When I first got it my top average top speed was 47-48. It seems to go faster when there is a 8" to 12" wake. Once in a while it would hit 50. When it had about 90 hrs on it the top speed was down to about 46. I started to hear some rattling in the back end, seemed to be worse when making turns. Looked in the jetpump, you can see from the back of the ski with a flashlight, and the gap around the impeller was more on the top than the bottom. Sbt tech said to rebuild the jetpump. i took the pump apart and the bearings and seals were destroyed. the impeller was also worn out of spec. I sent the impeller to sbt to be reconditioned. After i rebuilt the pump and put it in, my top average speed was back up to 48. A few times I hit 52. I also noticed a big difference in the thrust. It used to hesistate a few seconds when I gave it a lot of throttle. I have sinced lost compression in one cylinder and the others have low compression. I am in the process of putting in a new motor. The only place I have found a shop manual for this ski is from Kawasaki. You also need the supplement manual, about $60 total. Hope this info helps.

Comment

thanks for info just got both service books i do have scratches on pump housing you know of any companies that offer impellers other than oem i heard you can get stainless steel

Comment

I think Overtons has them, @ $200. My impeller was worn out of the specs the manual recommends. It also had burrs built up on the edges. Sent it to SBT and they reconditioned it. It was only about $30 and it turned out great. Quick turn around too. My housing had some scratches, I sanded them VERY LIGHTLY too smooth them out a little. The id of the housing was still within the tolerances listed in the manual. Let me know if you decide do rebuild the jetpump, I can tell you some of the problems I ran into and some of the tools I used to do it. Good luck

Comment

thanks for info ovrtons has one for 270 not sure about pitch number but looks like there is only one for my model and pitch is 14-23

Comment

Working...
          X