Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JET SKI 300 OPERATING TEMP QUESTION Overheating!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JET SKI 300 OPERATING TEMP QUESTION Overheating!!!

Hi folks, I have a question about a 1986 Jet Ski 300 I recently purchased. It has blown the head gasket on me twice now. It seems when it is running good, the engine get extremely hot. I have burned about 2/3rds of 1 tank of gas between the 2 gaskets. When the 1st one blew I made sure all the hoses were clear, and in the right locations. It has water coming out of the exhaust and a weak stream from the front visual. Im pretty sure that this thing is getting way too hot and that is why I am having the problems I am, but everything is hooked up and working properly... I have the manual, and own 2 other skis, a GPR and a GTX DI that I put SBT motors in..... Can anyone point me in the right direction with this thing, it is an absolute blast to ride. And I am new to old "stand ups". Thank you!!!

Re: JET SKI 300 OPERATING TEMP QUESTION Overheating!!!

Trace all of your cooling lines from the jet pump up to the exhaust system, blow all of them out with air. If your jet pump wear ring is out of spec you could run into an overheat issue.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: JET SKI 300 OPERATING TEMP QUESTION Overheating!!!

Key indicator...weak stream from visual outlet for cooling pump...
      Sounds like Wear plate on pump is worn...Replacement needed..

2nd head gasket? Bad problem..

check head for surface specs. Over heating problem will cause electronic to fail..You've been lucky once the second time the gods are telling you something..

Have A Great Day!!!

Comment

Working...
      X