Exhaust gasket failure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust gasket failure?

Dropped in a new rebuilt engine in to my jet ski, was on the water for about a 1/2 hour and it began to loose power. Turned it off and was towed back to the dock and discovered that all the exhaust bolts had either backed out or in one case a stud broke off. Upon further investigation and removal of the exhaust manifold components, I found that the other composite exhaust manifold gasket at the manifold to elbow was loose too. Should this have happened with the bolts torqued to the correct value without the thread lock on them? 3 years ago when I did this engine I used anti-seize and Kawasaki gaskets which are all metal and never had a problem with the bolts backing out. After working on lots of exhaust parts I have a fear of them seizing, so I anti-seize not thread lock. Also, at this point what are my options? Is this covered with the 1 year no fault warranty (this was it's first time on the water and it's less than a month old)? Who pays shipping and are gaskets included? If it's not covered, can the holes be heli-coiled (JT750)?

Re: Exhaust gasket failure?

Place a call into our w/a department,If the motor is in its w/a period it is covered
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X