Buffalo ny winter and antifreez ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo ny winter and antifreez ???

Hello to all. This is my first jet ski and i just winterized it and did ok but i read some diffrent thing's here about antifreez people say you dont need to add antifreez to a kawasaki is that true i have a 96 zxi 1100 i did every thing else to it thank's any help is good help

Re: Buffalo ny winter and antifreez ???

If you have not added antifreeze to your cooling system then make sure you dont have any water left in the cooling passages in the cylinders, other wise it may freeze and crack your cylinders and damage your engine. Adding the antifreeze into the flush kit with the engine running will ensure that the cooling system will not freeze. Dont run the engine long when adding the antifreeze and you dont have to add more than 1 quart.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

hello well i did not add antifreez to my ski all the threads i read on the site say that you dont have to antifreez kawasaki beacause they dont have water jackets to hold water i heard that alot on here but i think all the water is out i reved it up a few times and blew it out do you think im safe thank's robfluker

Comment

If you have water in the waterbox it can freeze and cause the baffles to break.

Comment

Is it to late? If not i think i will take the cover off and add some antifreeze is that all i have to do. I fogged and oiled the cylenders and lubed everything and took out bat. Thank's for your help robfluker

Comment

Not too late, just add a small amount to the water box by removing the exhaust hose.

Comment

Can i add it to the flush line that is wear im going to put it i took my cover off and ready for antifreeze i just need to know if i can put it in the flush line until it comes out the tail pipe

Comment

Working...
              X