Kawasaki 750ss no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki 750ss no spark

Spark problems with my 1992 750ss. I have replaced the flywheel (off of a 750sxi) because several teeth were missing. And replaced stator, starter and spark plugs. Originally I had no spark, so I just replaced cdi box. I hit the start button and turns over great, but no spark until I release start button, then it gives one strong spark. I have done this several times with same result every time. I also have bypassed the start switch (thinking it was bad), still giving me same result.
    I am out of ideas. Could this be a timing issue? Flywheel is clean. Maybe wrong flywheel.

Re: Kawasaki 750ss no spark

No, I dont think its timing, You can try to run a ground wire from the stator cover to the top of the electrical box cover , see if you get spark. It sounds like a poor grounding issue.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

ok. first of all, congrats for this great board.
      I also have a kaw 750 ss, and guess what, it has exactelly the same spark problem. I tried the grounding wire from the stator cover to the electrical box cover, and still got the same results.i measured the stator coils, and both gave 520 ohm. what the h....:( could be happening?
      Thanks
      Carlos

Comment

ok guys. I found the problem:). that little black cube wich is located next to the coils(stator), must be very very close to the flywheel. if it`s not very close, the spark will show up(sometimes) when you get your finger of the starting button.
        sorry, but I don`t know how to call that "little black cube" in english, I`m from brazil.
        Anyway, i hope this help anyone
        thanks
        Carlos

Comment

It's the magnetic pick up, the air gap must be close to the fly wheel magnets or no spark.
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
          X