Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'98 1100 Zxi won't go over 6000-6500 RPM????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '98 1100 Zxi won't go over 6000-6500 RPM????

I rode my jet ski today and it wouldn't go over 6000-6500 rpm, it was kinda sluggish getting there too. It was like this the last time I rode it too. I looked at the spark plugs and the front one looked brand new like it wasn't even firing. I grounded it and saw a very weak spark compared to the other two cylinders. I changed that coil before riding it today but it didn't help. What would cause the coil to only give a weak spark? When I first started it and took off today it ran 7300rpm but as it warmed up, it came down to 6000rpm today. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: '98 1100 Zxi won't go over 6000-6500 RPM????

Could be a fuel issue, how do the carbs look, check the internal fuel filters in them.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I just took the carbs off last night and they looked extremely clean. I don't think it is a fuel issue because the number one spark plug looked brand new like it wasn't even firing. I grounded that spark plug and I see a spark but I think as it heats up maybe it quits or gets weak. Maybe CDI? Does that sound possible?

How do I check my fuel pick ups in the gas tank? Do I have to take the complete tank out?

Comment

Whats the compression on the cylinder?
        SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
        We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
        Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

The compression was 110 on each cylinder

Comment

I had a similar problem like this and it turned out to be the CDI box. The CDI box controls the coils so if its firing but very weak and you replaced the coil I would say the CDI is the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X