kawasaki 650 TS problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kawasaki 650 TS problems

hi guys. im new to this so i might be a little slow :), i have just bought a kawasaki 650 ts and am having a few little problems, well i hope little anyway. when i go to start it it takes ages to start, the engine will turn over no problem but it wont fire for ages, if you take the plugs out they are wet with fuel so its like it is not sparking, when you check the spark its sparking fine but it looks like a weak spark to me, when you get it running eventually it will idle fine but anything above half revs it sounds like it is struggling and doesn't go very fast, it also blows white smoke when more that half throttle like it is way over fueling, i have set the carb high and low to the correct spec in my workshop manual and it is just the same, i also put new sark plugs in it and its not any better, with the new spark plugs i would say it still loos like the spark is weak, i am now thinking that if the CDI unit was not working correctly maybe it is not a strong enough spark to spark at high revs so that could be why its over fueling and not running right. does anyone have any other ideas before i start spending a fortune on it. also i forgot to mention that the intake grate that is on it is the wrong one and i have made a bracket to make it fit fo now, would this be stopping that water flow threw it causing it to not run right at higher revs Thanks Duncan
    Last edited by Duncanmaclean204; 06-08-2009, 05:00 PM.

Re: kawasaki 650 TS problems

Whats your compression?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: kawasaki 650 TS problems

iv not actually had a compression tester on it but when its turning over it sounds like there is good compression, compaired to when the spark plugs are out, what PSI is the cylinder compression ment to be on them. im not home again till wednesday next week so wont be able to try it till then, is there anything else you can think of for me to try, if the compression is ok. Thanks
      Duncan

Comment

Working...
      X