STX-15F enginge stopped during driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STX-15F enginge stopped during driving

I was driving my KAWI STX-15F today for more than 2 hours, and it suddenly stopped. I try to start it but nothing happen. I towed it back home. Check the battery, fuse and they are all OK. But I can't start the engine. Not even a slightest click can be heard. What can go wrong?

Re: STX-15F enginge stopped during driving

Have you checked the ground wires to make sure one has not come loose. Will the dash come on?

Comment

I checked the voltage between battery positive and engine . It is 12.7V. Nothing is in the jetpump water intake area. But my multifunction meter was broken one year ago. Can it be the red stop button short? But I can't see any crack on that switch comp.

Comment

Is there any way that you can turn the motor over by hand wth the plugs out?

Comment

I short the starter relay today and the starter cranked well. I also connect the battery positive lead to the wire from the push start button. It cranked well too. The enigne did not start. So I suspected the power some how can not be supplied to the ignition and starter system. I disconected most of the connectors and pull the harness out but it lookd intact . When I disconnect a grey connector ( leading to to ECU) with 16 pins I found one of the pin broken at the root (I am not sure whether it is due to the disconnecting force. It is hard to pull them apart)
          The broken pin is for a red wire with blue marks spaced 25mm apart.
          Can some one advise what to do next. Is there any wiring diagrm that I can refer to.

Comment

I bought a service manual. I found the red wire has no continuity after the brown joint connector with the help of the wiring digram. But I could not pull the connector apart. I cut the 4 red wires at that connector and joint them outside. Reinstall the broken pin by soldering. The engine started up fine. I flush the cooling system for 10 minutes as I have not done that after the engine stalled more than 10 days ago.

Comment

Working...
            X