Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kawasaki 900 STX - Hoses leftover ;-)

Hi all,

Great forum... I recently came across a Kawasaki 900 stx with a seized engine. When I received it, it was totally disassembled. I have put the engine together, substituting the necessary parts (Piston, rings, etc...) to find that there are two hoses that I can't figure out where they go...

The hoses come from the bottom of the engine block next to the oil pump. I suppose they are possibly cooling but can't figure out where to connect them too.

I have attached a photo of the engine and hoses.

I have a service manual for a 2003 900 STX, but that part of the engine changed.

Theres also a "Black and Brown" stripped wire that seems to be just hanging in the engine compartment comming from the wiring harness, not sure if its temperature sensor related or other... I'll attached a photo of that later tonight.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Regards,
    John
    Attached Files

Re: Kawasaki 900 STX - Hoses leftover ;-)

I cant remember exactly which one goes where, but one of them goes to a T fitting on the bottom of the exhaust manifold and one goes to the fitting on the lower exhaust pipe. The length of the hoses should help you figure out which one goes where. I'm thinking that the top one goes to the exhaust manifold. They are cooling hoses for the ignition and charging system. Hope I was helpful.

Comment

Re: Kawasaki 900 STX - Hoses leftover ;-)

Chase,

Thanx for the response. Will check tonight. Once again thanx...

John

Comment

Working...
      X