750 xi dead after shutting off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 750 xi dead after shutting off

I have a 1994 750 xi kaw and just had the pistons all rebuit. I can run it hard and whatever untill i shut it down at that dock for about 5 min, and it will not start. After waiting about 30min, it finally starts and runs great again. any idea's?

Re: 750 xi dead after shutting off

It's either rich or lean would be my guess, rich would be what I would think, when you run it hard it gets warm and the fuel vaporizes when you shut it off, try starting it up right after you shut it off, if it starts right up then you know whats going on,,, If it wont start after sitting for awhile you will find it rich, hold the throttle wide open and crank it till it starts, do NOT pump thr lever, it will start rough and smooth out as it runs, now you need to figure out what the cause is. I am not sure about KAW carbs but something is causing them to flood, needles, diaphrams, to much fuel pressure, etc.,,,...tg:)

Comment

Sounds like a good place to start....did it again yesterday and even after sitting for bout 30 to 40 min, it started real rough... Any idea where I can get some info on settings? Since you mentioned it, it does idle high and smoke more than my buddys same year and model. I figured since it was just rebuilt, it was set high untill break in was done. I just stopped running oil in the fuel for break in, and thought it was the plugs. They look real good.

Comment

Tried a couple of things, no go.....anymore ideas???

Comment

OK, did you try to start it right after you shut off, if you did and it didn't start, time to check the compression, may be LOW,,,get specs from dealer, 130 to 150 ? should be within 5 pounds of each other, fresh top end should be good, this could cause the problem you are having, if the compression is good, go to spark and carbs, my guess would be carbs,,:)

Comment

squirt a little starting fluid in the caburator

Comment

Thanks Tony.....I just had the whole thing rebuilt...one piston was shot, so we decided to do both cyl. to be safe. Anyway, I have to agree that Its prolly in the carbs, they werent serviced when the rebuild took place.......Thank you for the replys!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X