99 Ultra 150 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Ultra 150 Questions

Hey everyone..I'm new to the site with a couple questions.

I just bought a 99 ultra 150. I have some questions about it if anyone can help me out please. The ski needed rear motor mounts but when I pulled the broke ones out there were no shims on either side. Did these skis come stock shimmed or did someone maybe take them out? If the couplers align well would I even need the shims? My other questions is what kind of 2 stroke oil is best to use for this ski? Are they like the older seadoos where the oil has to be precise or can I just use quicksilver 2 stroke oil. Does it have to be synthetic? I have no information on the past life of the ski. Some kid had who was getting rid of it to back to school. It has 80 hours on it..pretty clean. Just needed engine mounts. Picked it up for 1000.. Any help would be appreciated. Glad to be a member of the site :)

James

Re: 99 Ultra 150 Questions

You get what you pay for with oil, you might be ok with replacing the mounts but check the alignment to make sure your still aligned.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Ok how would I check the alignment. With the feeler guage like on the video that is posted? Everything seems ok after replacing the mounts. Started it with the hose and running water through it and it sounds like a bearing is grinding. I can hear this grinding sound coming from the nozzel. I'm almost certain it is a bearing but I am not to familiar with the parts associated with the jet pump/shaft. Is this bearing hard to replace. Is it even a bearing or could it be something else. Thanks and I appreciate the reponses!

James

Comment

Nevermind got skiworx putting new bearings in

Comment

Working...
        X