SXi Pro hull leak-HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SXi Pro hull leak-HELP

I have a hull leak in the bearing housing area behind the engine. The plate (made of pot metal) that the bearing housing mounts up to has been eroded by salt water and lets water in around the sides of the bearing housing. I have not been able to find any aftermarket fixes for this and Kawasaki does not offer the part for sale. Has anyone solved this problem before? 2 other skis in panama city have a similar problem. Thanks Dave

Re: SXi Pro hull leak-HELP

Have you tried removing the bearing housing, sanding the plate smooth and sealing the two together with RVT?
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: SXi Pro hull leak-HELP

The problem is that the boss on the rear side of the mounting plate that goes over and seals around the pvc impeller shaft tube has eroded away. This allows water into the cavity behind the bearing housing. This cavity has weep holes that flow into the engine compartment. Kawasaki does not sell this part as it is considered part of the hull. Two other guys here in Panama City have the same problem. I could have some made but mine is so eroded that I have no way to establish the dimensions for the machine shop.
      Thanks Dave

Comment

Working...
      X