Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kaw STX DI low power

Hi:

Problem: Engine won't rev past 5500 RPM, doesn't surge just won't rev higher.

History: just put in replacement engine, 2nd hour of break-in period, engine did intially rev past 5500 at end of first hour but then wouldn't. running 50:1 ratio in fuel tank for break in purposes. havn't changed plugs or fuel filter yet. There was some old gas in the tank (6 months) but this was diluted down with fresh for the brake in run.

5500 rpm is around the point that the ignition changes from Stratified mode to Homgeneous mode, I guessing this isn't happening, what would stop this from happening? plugs did look black but after cleaning them up still won't go past 5500.

No warnings show on display, no slow running situation, the only warning line that flashed on start up was the battery light for about 5 seconds.

Any suggestions?

Re: Kaw STX DI low power

1st off you should have removed all the old gas from the tank, Bad gas is Bad and can't be re-newed by adding new gas. 2nd NEVER add pre-mix to fuel injected machines, it damages the injectors.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Kaw STX DI low power

point taken on the bad gas, but even the manuel tells you to add 50-1 pre-mix to the fuel for the break-in period. At this point can I use an injector cleaner if I find them to be gummed up?

Comment

Working...
      X