Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!

I have a 1200 XLT that I took to the shop for what I thought was trash in the carbs, but I just found out that I have no compression on the 3rd cylinder. He told me that I need a new motor and gave me an astronomical price to do the work. I am a pretty handy guy, and have rebuilt 2 atv motors. I am thinking of attacking this project myself. I have already ordered the service manual and I am waiting on it to get here before I completely decide to do this myself. I guess my question is....Can someone with limited experience handle this project? If so, besides ordering the new engine and gasket kit is there anything else that I need to make sure and replace during the project. The only reason I would attack this myself is because a friend of mine just finished rebuilting both of his and I know I can rely on him for help if I get stuck. I would also like to convert to pre-mix during this process. Where can I go to get the conversion kit?

Re: Help!!

Its not too bad swaping the engines, and you will save a ton of money doing it your self, Inspect your carbs, make sure they are spotless and if any thing looks nasty in them then re-build them.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: Help!!

Buy an SBT engine if you can swing it. I was going to buy the replacement parts and I only would have save about $150. Buy and SBT engine and you also get a no fault warranty.

Comment

Working...
      X