Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• impeller won't turn in pump housing 750SS

I have a 94 750SS Kawa.

Thought the engine was siezed, but turned out the engine is fine - impeller jammed in the housing.

Pump won't turn more than about 15 degrees. Appears the ID of the housing has some "blisters" which bind the impeller blades as they rotate. Trying to get the pump housing off. to inspect or replace. Have the housing loose. Have the "nut" loose off the end of shaft - aft of the bearing under the cone. Can't get the housing to slide aft off of the shaft and impeller.
    Once I loosen the nut, shouldn't the housing slide off leaving the impeller and short shaft section?
    I think the blisters on the ID of housing are jamming the impeller - but not sure.

Impeller looks fine.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Re: impeller won't turn in pump housing 750SS

Yes, most issues in jet pumps, (except Sea-Doo) are from wear rings swelling up and sticking the impellers. After you remove all of the bolts that hold the jet pump to the hull, carefully pull the jet pump side to side as you pull back to break the pump free from the ski.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Re: impeller won't turn in pump housing 750SS

got it off -

Had not removed one of the cooling hoses (bonehead) so it wouldn't slide off of the spline.

I didn't realize the pump was going to come off as an assembly. Once hose removed pump came off of spline.

I plan to get a new housing.

thanks a lot for your response.

Wayne

Comment

Working...
      X