Impeller clearance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeller clearance question

I just got a 2000 zxi 1100 and was looking at the pump today. I was wondering if the pictures show to much clearence between the impeller and where the wear ring would be if this ski has one. I dont think it does. So i was wondering if it needs a new impeller or work done to it. I know its hard to tell by not mesauring but maybe someone would have a good eye and can tell by looking at the pictures. It has some porpoising but not alot. Any help would be great. Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Impeller clearance question

I looked at your pics and your pump does show a fair amount of ware between the impeller and the liner . To get a better idea on how bad it is you really need pull the pump this way you can get a better idea on the condition of the impeller and stator vanes . You can have small scuff marks in the stator vanes but you dont want it to be missing any good size chunks if you do you may have damage to the back side of the impeller as well. James
    ** Is your engine core wasted send me a pm I may have the core you need to send to SBT **

Comment

Working...
    X