Modify 900 ZXI Trim Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modify 900 ZXI Trim Box

Hey this is my first posting on this site and I hope someone out there can help me.

I have a 1996 900ZXI and the trim motor went out. I took apart the box and figure out just the motor went out. So I ordered a new motor on ebay that supposedly replaces the factory part. I got the part in today and it appears that the motor is too long therefore the cover for the trim box will not close. After calling the dealer and finding out that the OEM trim motor is $415, I decided maybe it would be possible to modify the cover to accommodate for the longer motor being it is only about a 1/4 longer.

I am wondering if anyone has every done this or ran into this problem. I was thinking maybe i could heat up the plastic and push it out a little bit so I do not compromise the watertight seal. Or if that won't work then I might have to cut out a section and find a way to extend it and re seal it.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
    Travis

Re: Modify 900 ZXI Trim Box

Try to locate a plastic trim box that was made for that trim motor and swap out the box.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

I have a '95 zxi Trim Box that I don't need any longer.

If you know that's what you need, let me know. I'll be happy to part with it for S&H.

Comment

I ended up modifying the existing box by cutting out a section and fiberglassing the area and repainting the box. If you are interested in pictures let me know and I can email some to you. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
        X