Zxi 1100 fuel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zxi 1100 fuel problem

I just rebuilt the top end in my 1100 and now it will idle but I cant get it to go - it just bogs out> I pulled the fuel line and it and there was no gas coming out so I blew in the line and it pours out for a minute and then stops again- the ski did sit for the winter and I was thinking something might be clogging the line but when I got home I took my air hose and blew air up the return line and I saw fuel pouring in the filter---

any suggestion would be appreciated--- thanks

Re: Zxi 1100 fuel problem

ok guys I should have searched in the forums before I posted this -- I just read about the same problem on a yamaha- and the fuel pump needs to be primed by blowing air in the return for it to work- I actually did that last night and haven't had a chance to test it - my battery died and needed to be charged -- I let you know if it worked--

Comment

Re: Zxi 1100 fuel problem

the previous post wasn't it- I blew air into the return line and got fuel for a few seconds then dry again--

I removed the stem from the fuel tank and blew it out along with every hose that goes to the tank and carbs... it all looked pretty good-

the ski still seems to be starving for fuel it will run at idle ( i think it using the primer line to run) but give it some throttle and it seems to hicup and die---

Comment

Working...
      X