99 Ultra 150 fuel system problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 99 Ultra 150 fuel system problems

I have recently bought a reman motor from sbt. The motor installation went fine. Actually got the ski on the water and began break in. All was going well until the Ultra bogged and then died. After pulling the ski back to shore we confirmed that the ski was not getting fuel. We switch to the RES fuel setting and the ski ran for a short time and died again. When the motor was running it ran fine and came up to half throttle with no problem. Since bringing the ski home I have gone through the fuel system to determine what is wrong. I cleaned the tank filter and confirmed the fuel lines were clear and that the fuel petcock was working properly. The ski would intermittently start and get fuel flowing. The fuel was visible through the fuel filter. But is also stopped pumping fuel and died and wouldn't start again. I think it is the fuel pump. I was able to get the ski running using a siphon drawing from gas can but the ski's fuel system won't work consistenly. Is there anything else I can check that would cause the system to only work intermittently? Will the fuel pump on an ultra work intermittenly before it goes out? Is there any way to test the fuel pump? Any help would be appreciated. I don't like just throwing parts at a problem until I find the answer.

Re: 99 Ultra 150 fuel system problems

I am having the same problem on one of my 99 Ultra 150s
    I did the whole thing with the fule filter and it is still doing the same thing.
    I went down to the stealership to get their opinion and after finaly getting them to reolize that i was not going to bring it in, they told me to try cleaning the needle in the carburetor for the float.
    I have not managed to get this ski on land and tear it apart yet because i am having issued with my other 150.
    When i was rebuilding the other 150 i did get a chance to clean up the carbs which had alot of buildup and crap on them.
    You might try this and see if it helps.
    Best part is it dosn't require any new parts.

Comment

Re: 99 Ultra 150 fuel system problems

And the winner is a faulty fuel pump. Switched the pump out and the ski ran like a champ.

Comment

Working...
      X