Ultra 150 & 1100 ZXi Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra 150 & 1100 ZXi Problems

I have a total of 3 jet skis that i have been tasked with taking care of.
    One is a 1998 Kawasaki 1100 ZXi
    The other two are 1999 Kawasaki ultra 150s
    On the Ultra 150 my uncle rode it last year without the oil cooler line connected on one of the cylinders. Long story short, I ended up replacing the piston, rings and all the gaskets(the cylinder was still good surprisingly) So now its all back together and the stupid thing won't start. I am getting spark, fule and im pretty sure i'm getting plenty of air. Compression is good in all cylinders. I can spray some starting fluid in one or more of the cylinders and it will start, burn up the starting fluid and then promptly die. When i pull the sparkplugs they are very oily and wet. My guess is that i'm getting the wrong mixture form the carbs. Dose anyone know how to adjust the carbs properly or where I can find the info online?

Ok, now onto the ZXi
    This one always seems to have problems.
    The coupling consisting of two rubber boots and a pipe coming form the exhaust headers to the water box keeps blowing(melting) out.
    The first time I did it I chalked it up to the fact that it was pretty old. Then after about 5 hours of use it did it again. So now i'm thinking it has a blockage in the cooling system.
    It has also been acting like it is hitting a rev limiter at around 4000 rpms.
    My question is, could the rev limiter symptom be a self preservation thing from the overheating?
    And what is the best way, aside from taking it all apart, to clean out the cooling system?
    Or is this even the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Ultra 150 & 1100 ZXi Problems

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Ok so I finally managed to get the ultra 150 started, put it in the water, let it warm up and ran it around real lightly for about half an hour.
      I then shut it off, let it cool down, then started it up and ran it for about half an hour, on the way in it shut down on me and was acting like it was seized.
      So I waved someone down( just happend to be the 2 hottest girls on the lake) and had them tow me in. I took the spark plugs out and sprayed some wd40 in there, let it cool all the way down and sprayed some more in. Hit the start button and to my relief it turned over.
      Soooooooooo What should I do now?
      How do i test to see if the oil pump is actually pumping?

Comment

Yall suck! Thanks for all the feedback and help, I'm going to go to another forum where they actually help each other out.

Comment

Working...
        X