1998 1100STX smoking bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 1100STX smoking bad

Recently got a hold of a 1998 Kawasaki 1100STX. It smoked likes mad. Strong fuel/oil odor as well when sitting for awhile. Still has oil injection hooked up. Compression around 130-140 among the three cyl. The dealer looked at it and said most likely needs engine, couple of grand but they are not sure on what problem is. Besides the smoking, it runs strong until it fouls out the spark plugs after a day or so of running. Couldn't this just be in the carbs needing cleaned? What should be my plan of action.

Also, seemed to not want to turn off at one point with stop switch. Not sure if related.

Thanks,

Ben

Re: 1998 1100STX smoking bad

Update: Looked at carbs and they are billet blue with a plate that says "RACE USE ONLY" on each carb. They have two adjusting knobs facing the bow on each carb. The words CDK-II are stamped on the carbs. Each carb has a individual air cleaner set up.

I saw where there is some adjustement rules of thumb so I'll start there I guess. I also ordered a oil pump block off kit. Could the reeds be messed up?

Thanks,

Comment

Working...
    X