I bought The Jet Ski from HELL! PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought The Jet Ski from HELL! PLEASE HELP

OK so I bought a 97 zxi 750 that didn't run. I did a compression check and it needed a top end. I rebuilt the top end now it starts up and ideals fine, but when you give it gas it breaks up has no power and wont rev past about 10% throttle (10% and 100% throttle are the same).
    I have a parts ski and have tried replacing the following. crabs,ignitor,stator and pickup coil,ignition coil,fuel filter,and regulator. I also checked for engine seals leaking with crab cleaner and holding my hand over the inspection hole to feel vacuum and looked at the reeds and they seem to be fine. I am at a total loss with this ski and don't know what to do next. I was told it could be that the crank shaft is not sealing in the middle but have no idea if this would cause this problem or how to check it.
    Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Re: I bought The Jet Ski from HELL! PLEASE HELP

No one wants to take a stab at this one?
    Does anyone no if the to halfs of the case have to be sealed from each other, and if so how to test for this?

Comment

The crankcase must be air tight, the 2 halves need to be sealed together and the crank seals must hold pressure. the case can be pressure checked if you have block off plates for the intake and exhaust.
      SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
      We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
      Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Does the crank case have to be sealed between the two cylinders? in other words does the crank shaft seal the case into two separate chambers so under one cylinder there is vacuum and the other there is pressure? If so is there a test for this?

Comment

Working...
        X