Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ultra 150, keeps blowing same piston, ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ultra 150, keeps blowing same piston, ???

So i am on going on my third piston with this ski. It is the same one, and it looks like it just starts to break apart in there like just shards of metal everywhere and then i would assume burn up. Any suggestions on why this keeps on happening to me? I am thinking about two things it is not getting injection oil or not cooling properly. Any way to tell if that jug/piston is getting oil? Or has this happened to anybody else? thanks

Re: ultra 150, keeps blowing same piston, ???

What cylinder is failing, has the carbs been re-built and have you pressure checked the crank case for air leaks? Both of these things can cause piston failure along with the oil line not feeding the cylinder.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

It is the rear cylinder. Is there a easy way to pressure test the crank case? And no carbs prob have about 15hrs on it since the sbt motor was installed. I am thinking that one of my oil lines is either clogged or have fallen off. Any idea how many hook-up's there are going into the block? Or do you know of any place i ca get a diagram of the oil lines and their proper locations? Sorry for all the questions at once. thanks,Eric

Comment

Kawasaki Ultra and STXR oil line configuration.
        Caution: Kawasaki Ultra 150 & STXR Owners. Please Read:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Ericka-SBT; 01-22-2008 at 06:43 PM.

To pressure check the crankcase you need to remove the engine and block off the intake and exhaust (air tight ) pressuerize the case to 8psi for 3-6 min and see if the case leaks down

Comment

If one of my oill lines are disconnected or clogged, about how long will that piston last with out oil? Any idea?

Comment

Maybe a few minutes.

Comment

SKINUT:
              Had same problem but scored back cylinder twice. Had to replace engine. The oil line kept coming off until it blew the engine. Replaced the pump with a premix kit plate. Now use premix and have had no problems.

Comment

The ultra 150 will not live with a conventional block-off kit installed, major mods have to be done to the case to run a block-off system.

Comment

Working...
                X