Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2000 kawasaki stx 1000 DI engine light??? please anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 kawasaki stx 1000 DI engine light??? please anyone?

I have the above ski and recently had it serviced because it had been sitting around for about a year and the impeller froze up. spent about $750 getting it running again. Went out yesterday and ski ran great. Started right up and ran for about 15 min then the dreaded engine light came on and the ski went into limp mode. shut it off waited a few and then restarted it. light came back on several minutes later. I was able to get back to shore. It has oil and was running fine. i did find that the gas cap was cracked and wondered if water had gotten into the tank but I would think that water in the gas would make it run bad not overheat. I have read several people have problems with this but no real solution. Before I take it back to the dealer I would love to get some input from the knowledgeable people on this forum. Also, I am new to ski's and when I refilled the oil tank for the direct oil injection I didnt use kawasaki brand oil but walmart brand tc3 standard two stroke oil. The kawasaki oil is semi synthetic and tc3 as well. should I drain it out and replace or can I just run it out and then use the better oil...all suggestions appreciated..I want to avoid the dealer if possible but that **** computer cable to diagnose is a dealer only item I understand...Could the EMM be causing the problem????someone please say no!! lol
    Kidzip

Re: 2000 kawasaki stx 1000 DI engine light??? please anyone?

Could be a computer issue or a weak battery, check voltage while cranking the ski over, it must have a min. of 10.5 while cranking, if not replace the battery.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

new battery and it turns right over. called a local kawasaki dealer and was told the computer system to check the ski is DOS based and they no longer have dos computers...any suggestions? Is this the case?

Comment

send the computer out to D.F.I to have it checked out. 1866-298-1510

Comment

DFi stated that I should check the cooling to the EMM. They said it likes to clog up in the stator cavity??? Where is that? and is that something I can check myself?
          M

Comment

The front of the engine has a water line that supplies cooling to the flywheel housing, check those lines, blow compressed air through them.

Comment

Working...
            X