Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

01 1100 zxi problems running with a new sbt engine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 1100 zxi problems running with a new sbt engine.

whats going on . just dropped in a new engine started right up. took it out and ran great for about 2 hours. while i was cruising at about 3 k rpm and gave it more throttle it would drop back down to idle. then if you give it gas again it will go to full throttle but drop right back down to around 3 k rpm and sometimes shut off but would start right back up. i have water flow it feels warm not hot. the engine doesnt feel to hot i can rest my hand on it without burning it. the thing runs great when it sits for about 10 mins but then will have the same problem again. on trailer it idles at 3k rpm and will rev right up and then return to 3k rpm. i have no problems shutting it off. anybody got an idea? thanks adam

Re: 01 1100 zxi problems running with a new sbt engine.

Is everything stock on the ski? Did you go through the carbs and inspect, clean or rebuild them, you may also have an issue with the stater.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

everything is stock on the ski. i cleaned the carbs when they were off even though they were already clean. i guess it could be the stator its just weird that it just happened all of a sudden. all the stator is for, is charging correct? i can test it and see if its putting out. what about the high temp sensor even though the light never came on?

Comment

also i was concerned about the gaskets i received for the exhaust riser. the original gaskets had nice wide holes for the cooling water to flow the ones i received from sbt only had one 1/8th inch hole and that was it. maby that could effect the temp sensor giving it a false reading

Comment

Yes it could , I will look into the gaskets you have and let you know what I find

Comment

any word on those gaskets? i can pull it apart and show you if you need

Comment

If you wouldn't mind, you maybe correct, the hole sizes may be different for zxi exhaust v.s other models. I dont have an O.E gasket to check it against yet.

Comment

Might check for exhaust leaks. If there is one your ski will starve for fresh air and run slow/badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigsnow View Post
                  Might check for exhaust leaks. If there is one your ski will starve for fresh air and run slow/badly.
                  eh doesnt feel like that. first of all i dont smell anything in the engine compartment and then . second of all its very abrupt like its being electronicly limited
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7167-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	254077Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7869.jpg
Size:	237.2 KB
ID:	254076Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5698.jpg
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	254078Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5662.jpg
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	254079

Comment

by the way compression is 127 psi on all 3 cylinders

Comment

‪1100 zxi problems‬‏ - YouTube

quick video of what its doing in the water ^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

The seals match the O.E seals, but I think It wouldn't hurt to open up the passages on the head pipe gasket, but dont change the larger gaskets passages.

Comment

well i got it figured out. your going to laugh but it was the fuel filter causing this problem. the only reason i didnt check it was because it was brand new. but thanks for the help . word of advice for you people reading this. dont overlook the simple things haha. thanks for the help .

Comment

I bet it was an automotive fuel filter, They dont work on jetskis.

Comment

Working...
                            X