Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96 ZXI 1100 Throttle kill when turning (not cable problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 ZXI 1100 Throttle kill when turning (not cable problem)

Like it says in the title. If i am driving straight or turning right the ski will rev out and ride fine. But the MOMENT (ski doesnt even have to shift weight) are turn it like i get a gradual throttle cut down to 3800-4000k RPMS. Im currently in the stage of taking off the carb and giving it a rebuild/cleaning. Also have i turn back straight or to the right it takes me a few seconds to clean it back out before the ski will rev out to 6k+ rpms.

*side note*. i am running the fuel a bit on the rich side (there is a bit of oil left in the tank and im running a premix on top of that.)

Things i have done.
    New fuel filter, changed the gas, pressure tested, changed the spark plugs, gave it a once over checking the hoses and clamps.

Is there a chance i have something in one of these big breather/vent tubes thats rolling side to side causing an intake problem?

Thanks for any help. this is my last issue and then she will be running mint.

Re: 96 ZXI 1100 Throttle kill when turning (not cable problem)

it wont let me edit my response but i have a major typo in the first paragraph so here it is revised.

Like it says in the title. If i am driving straight or turning right the ski will rev out and ride fine. But the MOMENT (ski doesnt even have to shift weight) i turn it left i get a gradual throttle cut down to 3800-4000k RPMS. Im currently in the stage of taking off the carb and giving it a rebuild/cleaning. Also have i turn back straight or to the right it takes me a few seconds to clean it back out before the ski will rev out to 6k+ rpms.

*side note*. i am running the fuel a bit on the rich side (there is a bit of oil left in the tank and im running a premix on top of that.)

Things i have done.
    New fuel filter, changed the gas, pressure tested, changed the spark plugs, gave it a once over checking the hoses and clamps.

Is there a chance i have something in one of these big breather/vent tubes thats rolling side to side causing an intake problem?

Thanks for any help. this is my last issue and then she will be running mint.

Comment

Working...
    X