94 kawasaki 750 xi ss performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 kawasaki 750 xi ss performance

I bought two ski,s at the beginning of the summer 96 yamaha wave raider 700 and 94 kawasaki 750 xi super sport . The yamaha runs fine. The kawasaki i have installed a rebuilt engine from sbt and two brand new CDK 2 carb rebuld kits. Pop of pressure is at 30 and I have set the carbs at L 3/4 and H 1 1/4 i have broke the engine in properly but i don't think it is perfroming like it should, ski has 130 compression on both cylinders, and i am now premixing 50:1. It will max out at about 6000rpm has more throttle but just dosnt seem to rev out like it should. The yamaha walks all over it and it is a 700 with single carb . Never owned a kawasaki always had a yamaha so this is my first. What kind of performance should i expect from this kaw. Do i need to maybe try to richen the mixture or lean it out a little trying to be careful with it don;t want to burn an engine but it feels like it should have more on top end.

Re: 94 kawasaki 750 xi ss performance

Run it at 40:1, 3.2 oz. of oil per 1 gal. fuel. The carbs maybe set rich and may need re-adjusting, Read up on how to read spark plugs this will help you tune the engine without going to far and leaning it out.
    SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
    We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
    Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
    X