Wiseco Prolite pistons for Kawi 750sx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiseco Prolite pistons for Kawi 750sx

I have complete rebuilt engine and I have Wiseco Prolite 623P4 pistons. This is the first time I have used Wiseco's. Is this piston going to screw up my compression? They looks pretty flat. I run a R&D 27cc head. I have not fired the engine yet. The reason I ask is my buddy ran into problems on his Superjet going from a domed piston to a flat. It was origanlly set up for a domed style and has changed back to a domed. Any opinions please... Thanks ;)

Flat top pistons offer several design advantages over dome, and have a few drawbacks. Basically, they offer a much more efficient burn pattern, and allow the flame front of combustion to act more apon the piston, instead of the rings. They allow more fuel to burn, and more of it burning at once.

The disadvatge of them is that they do not offer high squish velocities, due to the lack of a dome following the chamber curve.

There is no reason to switch to them from domed, unless you are running extreme compression and are having problems with breaking your ring lands on your current setup.

Some Kawasaki's come with flat topped pistons stock, and in that case you would not need to alter your head. If you switch from domed, you will need to have the head remilled, as your compression will be way low and the squish will be way off.

Comment

Working...
    X