Exhaust water leak...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust water leak...

I noticed that I have water coming out of my exhaust INSIDE the ski. It's happening between the exhaust manifold and the stainless pipe. There is a soft coupling, I assume made from rubber or something with two clamps on it. I tightened the clamps a little bit more but that did not help. I guess I need to pull it out and check for cracks.

Is this coupler something I can pick up at most shops or will it be something I need to order because of the stainless exhaust?
    The amazing performed daily, miracles by appointment only!

You can lookup the ski at www.buykawasaki.com and see if it's a stock part or aftermarket. You didn't mention what ski you have or what brand of pipe.

Yes you will need to remove it and fully inspect it.

Comment

'92 Kaw 750ss

I don't know what pipe is on it....I assume it's aftermaket since it's Stainless, I think the stock pipe is all cast??? Correct???

Thanks

Comment

Hmmmm.....it appears as though even though it's an aftermarket pipe, the stock coupler will work.

I think I will just take it all apart for inspection and take the parts with me to the dealer should they need to be replaced.....

Comment

750ss cane with a stainless steel pipe. the manifold part is alluminum cast and then there should be a big ugly looking rubber coupler and then the pipe bends towards the back. is it the big rubber piece thats leaking? if so the dealer shoudl have the stuff
          Rob

Comment

Working...
          X