Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 93 kawasaki 750ss just putting even at full throttle

Hi,
    I have a 93 kawasaki 750ss jetski. It will only putt along even at full throttle now. and it wants to stall if I let it idle. This came on suddenly, one minute it was fine, then this. after reading some of the other messages from SBT I would think it is the in-carb filter. but I am not sure there even is one. can you tell me for sure..
    also, should the bowl filter be empty, full, or what, mine is about half full.
    any help is greatly appreciated,
    thanks, jim

Yes, all carbs have an internal filter, and the main should be filled with gas. Check your compression. What were the circumstances of it doing this?

Comment

I was just out riding and everything seemed fine, then it stalled, I was hard to restart, and then stalled again. I was hitting some waves and the spark plug caps seemed loose. I replaced those thinking that was the problem. But I took it back out, but it doesn't have any power.
      You had said to check compression because the bowl was not full, How do I check compression?
      also, is there anywhere to get documenation on cleaning that inner filter?

Comment

You check compression with a compression gauge. Remove the plugs, screw in the gauge (make sure it's a 1/2" reach) and crank it over holding the throttle wide open, for 5 seconds. Repeat 3 times per cylinder for an accurate reading.

You need to rebuild the carbs when you disassemble them to check the filters. See the rebuild guides in the Tech section - with the Install guides.

Comment

Working...
        X