The mierious Black wire with Orange circles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The mierious Black wire with Orange circles

So Im checking for everything when I find this wire, Can't seem to find this wire listed in the diagram, but its there. It looks like its Black and has orange circles on it. It comes from the bow and splits into two wires at the end, one is blue and the other stays black and Orange with a circle fitting on it.

Hmmmmmmmm,

Anyone know what this is???????????????????????

You're right - it's not on the schematic [img]/graemlins/cwm3.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I know, but it s still there. and its not hooked up, and my ski won't run...... Hence, this may be of concern.

Im considering pulling the zxi1100 motor and putting my lawn mowers Briggs and Straton motor in its place. No wires, Pull starts every time.
      How fast do you think 3.5 HP would take me. [img]graemlins/buck.gif[/img]

Comment

Usually wires don't have bands on them, just stripes. I have also experienced this on motorcycles. I asked around and this was the answer I got. When they are making a wiring harness the wire is on a roll. In order to inform whoever is making the harness that they are close to the end of the roll the wire will have bands of contrasting color. Well if they are close to completing the harness they will use the wire anyway for economical reasons. What you have may just be a black wire. The loop on the end is a good indication that it needs to be grounded. :D

Comment

Joe,

That makes a Lot of sense.
          One of the guys from the rec group looked and found the same wire on an 1100 and said it went to the neg side of the battery. His had the orange stripes as well.

Black wires are dangerous things when dealing with boats.... i have a 37' motor yacht and learned the hard way that Black sometimes goes to POS. on boats.... Go figure.

Thanks for the help. I will probably need more. I hooked the wire to neg and it still wont start.

Matt

Comment

Working...
          X