zxi1100 NO SPARK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zxi1100 NO SPARK

Same ski as before. To date I have changed the Stator, the bendix, the flywheel, the ignigter.. I have cut back the plug wires, Thouroghly cleaned every wire connector, Cleaned out the Positive mounts to the starter cylinoid, changed /cleaned up all grounding and power lines, Took an anolog ohm meter and tested resistance on the installed parts and on the ignighter and recifyer. The recifyer was out on the negative side and the ignighter has a coupleisolated areas where the values where close but outside the stated resistance but only by a little bit.

One thing of concern, the stator assembly was purchased used. It tested ok, however, there were scrape marks on the plate behind where the peice that reads the flywheel mounts.

Overall this has been a challange and an educational experience, I am slowly becoming a ski mechanic (but not by choice). [img]/graemlins/winkanim.gif[/img]

Please advise me as to what I can do next.

Also, is there a test that I can do to isolate the origine of the lack of spark? IE: Can I hook up a voltmeter to the wires that come from the stator and see if the flywheels information is beinf metered/sent to the ignighter?

Please tell me how to do this test.

Thanks,

Matt

I also wanted to state that when I turn the ignition on, the trim meter moves but the yellow lights dont flash.

Comment

Working...
    X