proper water removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proper water removal

Today my nephews somehow got my 900zxi full of water. I removed the sparkplugs and sprayed out all of the water using some wd 40 intermittently. The engine started rather easily.

Did I get all the water out I needed to?

My 750zxi has a neato keen pull thing to evacuate the engine of water but I could find nothing similar on inspection of the motor or review of the shop manual (I don't have an owner's manual)

Somehow - lol [img]/graemlins/cwm27.gif[/img]

What you NEED to do right after getting the water out is ride it HARD for at least 1/2 hour, that is the only way to truely get all the moisture out. No, spraying WD-40 and idling it out of the water for a min. or two does NOT sufficently get the moisture out, and it will begin to rust. If it has already been a day or more, it's already too late - especially if it was salt-water. Be expecting a failure sometime fairly soon.

The case drain was a great idea on paper, but horrible in practice. They often leaked, causing massive engine damage. Most people bought bloack-off plate and removed the system.

Comment

thanks,

I was able to ride it a bit(10-15 min) after getting it going but darkness limited how hard and long I could go. We will see if it was enough

Comment

Working...
      X