96 sts Engine quits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 sts Engine quits

96 sts 750 Runs fine then shortly after starting quits (I've had it run fine for up to 2 hours before the problem starts)and the only way to get it started again is by putting fuel in the cylinder or carbs. Once started it will run fine till this happens again. What kind of fule pumps do these have, I think this may be the problem.

Thanks

They are vaccuum pumps. Try openign your fuel filler cap next time it happens and see if you have air being sucked in - if so, you need to change your fuel tank check valve.

Also try turning your selection switch - it sounds like you have a fuel starvation issue.

Comment

I fixed the valve to allow air into my tank but now I'm trying to fix another problem. It doesn't like to start unless I put some gas in the carbs or in the cylinder. Do I need a primer kit and where do I find one.

Comment

You probably have the pop-off pressure set too high on the carbs. A primer would also help. Get one from www.watercraftmagic.com

Comment

What is pop off pressure?

Comment

Part of rebuilding the carbs - see this article.

Comment

In your opinion what am I better off doing rebuilding the carb or putting in a primer?

Comment

If it starts easily and you only have the problem cold, just add a primer.

Comment

Working...
                X