What Next!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Next!

I swapped mufflers between the 2 PWC and it did not make a difference. Just ordered carb rebuild kits, everything always seems to go back to fuel related problem. I will check the oil pump when I rebuild the carbs. Also, will try new plugs after the carb rebuild.

I would like to try the removal of the thermostat, but do not know how. Can someone explain how to get to and remove the termostat?

Comment

How about swapping carbs and fuel pump from the good PWC to the other?

Comment

I swapped fuel pumps between the two and it did not make a diifference to either PWC. If the carb rebuild does not work I will swap carbs near the end of the summer. Right now we can take both to the lake and have some fun. I'm afraid when I swap carbs I may not get either machine running. When I first started I turned the carb screws all the way in on the good PWC so I could duplicate the seettings on the bad PWC. Results I had both machines running terrible, I liked to never got the PWC running good again. So, I will wait until the summer is almost over to swap carbs.

Comment

;) Yeah! Problem has been identified. I finally got tired of waiting on parts and swapped carbs. Bad PWC ran great. Good PWC ran the same for about 10 min then did exactly what the bad PWC was doing. The PWC started bogging down, I assume the plugs are now bad.

A couple carb questions, I would like to understand what is happenning.

1. What could be wrong with the carbs to make the plugs breakdown and quit firing?

2. Why would it run perfect for 10-15 minutes then not?

Thanks to everyone who has responed......

Comment

Could be many things but you could start with making sure the jets, low and high screws are at the same settings. Are the plugs very wet and black when it is bogging down?

Comment

The carb setting that generate the best performance, not great performance, are Lows out 1 1/4 turns and highs are 2 turns out. The plugs look like this the middle is a little rich the front and back plugs look tan or a little lean. I would unsderstand plugs fouling if the mixture was too rich but not too lean. No, the plugs are not wet and black when they breakdown.

Latest, I swapped carbs again put the good carbs back on the good PWC and it would not run over 10 mph, put in 3 new plugs and it was back to performing like before. This confirms that the bad set of carbs perform the same on both PWC. I get the same result on both PWC's with the bad carbs, runs good for a while until the plugs eventually break down. I left the bad carbs off, waiting on rebuild kits to arrive, ordered 2 weeks ago.

When I rebuild the carbs what should I be looking for, what carb problem would relate to the problem I am having with the plugs? What carb problem would create the problem with breaking down the spark plugs?

Comment

Working...
              X