Need help Slt750 lost rpm and power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help Slt750 lost rpm and power

Well here's my story I read all the post here and I seem to be on the fence with my problem, My Slt750 which I have had for about 5 months worked good.... I went to a buddy’s cabin about 2 hours on a bumpy highway, when I arrived I took out my ski and thought this is weird a little harder to start then usual.. Then once I got it going I noticed it was a little slower then usual?? Looking at my rpm it says 5500 rpm with throttle wide open at a does a max speed of only 41mph, which prior to this trip, last weekend it would get 6000rpm and do a speed of 51mph. I thought wow maybe I cooked a piston or something, so tomorrow I will do a compression test to see what the readings are. What should they be anyone know??? But in reading some of the posts in here a diff person had the same problem but said it was the carb reeds, I noticed when we opened up the carb cover the carb closest to the impeller was spiting oil or gas up at me when opening the throttle is this normal at all? Oh yes of course this only happens when the engine is running??? Does this confirm that the reeds are my problem?? Does anyone have a service manual on file pdf?? For this motor I will pay? My machine has been well taken care of and it looks like somebody had already bypassed the autocock valve as per Polaris, this is a good thing after reading all the post in here, anyways any who can help me with my prob? Input would be much appreciated...<SPAN style="COLOR: black">

Re: Need help Slt750 lost rpm and power

If You Are Getting Air And Fuel Back Through The Carb While Running You Have A Bad Reed Set. Either Cracked Or Broken Off. That Will Cause The Problem You Are Describing Also On The Power. Pull The Carbs And Remove All The Reeds And Inspect.
    WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Hey thanks! do you know where i can get a a copy of the service manual?? telling me where and how to do that??
      Many Thanks Gabriel
      :)

Comment

There Are Many Different Printers Of Polaris Service Manuals. You Should Be Able To Order A Manual From A Polaris Dealer. The Repair Is Not That Hard. It Involves Carburator Removal. Thats The Hardest Part Of The Job. Once They Are Off The Intake System Is Easily Accessable. If You Need Reeds Contact Me Via E Mail. I Have Several Sets Available At Much Lower Cost Than A Dealer.
        WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

What does SBT think? does my problem sound like its my reeds? oh ya thanks watercraft service for your info and help.....:)
          Last edited by Gabriel; 08-17-2004, 11:29 PM.

Comment

I had a lot of problems with busted reeds on a '94 SL750. Replace the
            OEM reeds with Boyesens and you won't have any more reed problems

Comment

Cool but how do you know if they are busted?

Gabriel

Comment

"I noticed when we opened up the carb cover the carb closest to the impeller was spiting oil or gas up at me when opening the throttle ..."

That nails it - you have bad reeds.

Comment

Thanks good to know its probally not my pistons...

Comment

I have seen the same problem if the fuel and oil is spraying up and you then the reeds are defintely the culprit.

Comment

Well great News pulled reeds apart and sure enough my one reed is missing and one is cracked! Where did the piece go, In my crank? Do I need to take the whole motor apart To find it? or is it safe to say it disintegrated inside the crank? Oh ya the compression on all my cylinders are good at 120 across the board! woot

Comment

Hopefully itwent out the exhaust

Comment

Working...
                        X