Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems reaching top speed in my SL900, low end stutter as well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Problems reaching top speed in my SL900, low end stutter as well...

Thanks Alwet, yah I'm not sure where to gamble on this one. I think if I were going to spend the money to do a complete top end ~$400 or so, I might as well bite the bullet and do the whole motor. If I can get away with just one piston (depending on the cylinder wall damage and spec of course) that'd be nice to try.

I'm also scared of after rebuilding the motor, rebuilding the carbs, and blowing through the lines to make sure they are clean, I'll still have that stutter problem. I guess at that point I'd lose my mind.

Anywho.. here's a side pic of my ski, it's that violet metallic color, kinda nice.

Comment

Hey Javiert I Can Almost Assure You That The Studder Problem You Described Is Carb Related. Most Likely The Lean Condition. If They Are Rebiult Properly And Operating Correctly It Will Have A Nice Smooth Response.
      WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

WCS... thanks for the reassurance, I need all I can get right now :D

I really like my ski alot.. I like the way it looks and how it handles. I'm looking forward to riding it at full performance in a few months hopefully

Comment

thx, for the pic. That is a nice looking boat. It looks real clean, definately worth fixing. My '96 has every color on it but green. Its mostly red, white & purple trim. I have Clymers and the Polaris service Manual. I thought Clymers looked ok, but I never really "used" it. You should be alright with it, if you get stuck post. I will try to take a better look at it.

-Al

Comment

Working...
          X