1994 SLT750 Carb Problem Or Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 SLT750 Carb Problem Or Not?

Ok here's my boggle had a problem with my machine last few times out, found out it was a bad reed valve in my intake, (thanks to these forums for the help), anyways I bought new boyesen reeds and replaced them with the Boyesen reeds, which are the best out there I here, the machine is much better with throttle response then before my problem started, but Why can I not get 6500rpm out of my machine in the water? My book says it should get 6500rpm at max throttle. My buddy has the same machine with the same motor as I do and his machine goes faster, not much but a little more top end then mine, the only thing I can think is his rpm, he gets 6200rpm at max throttle (in the water). Mine goes only 5300rpm at max. Why? Checked compression all the same and the even the same as his motor as mine dead on. Checked clearances for pump both the same. I was reading about the high-speed adjusters on my Mikuni carbs but mine looks like there is not an adjustment why? Would this help me get more rpm at max throttle? Someone anyone help please.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 09-10-2004, 12:14 AM. Reason: html code showing

Re: 1994 SLT750 Carb Problem Or Not?

did you check to see if the throttle cable is opening the carb butterflies all the way?

Comment

Yup! thank you for your response! Looks like everyone here is stumped with this one, as i am too.

Gabe
      Last edited by Gabriel; 09-10-2004, 08:36 PM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Lots of peeps reading this but no help?? come on, have I stumped everone???
        Gabriel

Comment

Yes your carbs have high speed screws. You have to remove the aitbox to see and adjust them. WIthout doing proper high speed plug chops (read the tech article) you don't know if your mixture is your problem or not.

Did this start suddenly? Did you have higher RPMs before, or did anything change like the impeller?
          SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
          We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
          Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Are you guys running the same Impeller? If so is there any damage to yours?small chips in the impeller or stator veins will scrub off some speed and rpm.
            He who dies with the most toys Still dies! So have fun with them 1970 SS 396 Chevelle, 86 ATC 250R (RAD valve,K&N, FMF gold series, bandit XC's), 97 XLT600SP (SLP tripple pipes, reverse, EPI clutch kit), 95 SL750 (all the bolt on's) & 96 SLX

Comment

Thanks for your response! What is aitbox? the flame arestor cover? no my machine always did that since i bought it last year the impeller is in good shape clearences are fine, the only difference me and me friend have is mine is the 3 seater and his is the 2 seater but why am i not getting full rpm like he is? I changed my reeds which were cracked bad. I noticed on my carbs the high speed adjusters have a stop on them i think, only being able to turn them half way open or half way closed, is this normal? how can i turn them 360 if I want to and what is chop off?

Regards,Gabe

Comment

I beleive that he is talking about the airbox (flame arrestor).
                Also you can pull the adjustment sleeve out and it will turn 360+ degrees.

Comment

Thanks Hunters for you reply! Should I adjust them? Did you here about my boggle?

Gabe
                  Last edited by Gabriel; 09-12-2004, 11:13 PM. Reason: fix it up

Comment

Can anyone tell me if i adjust the high speeds will get more topend? can i hurt the motor by making this adjustment?

Comment

First Of All Be Sure Your Highs And Lows Are Adjusted Correctly. Then Ride The Ski And Do A Plug Chop.sbt Has Tech Articles On Both Carb Adjustments And Procedures For The Plug Chop. It May Be That Your Carbs Are Out Of Adjustment. An Untuned High Speed Adjuster Will Cause Your Top End To Not Reach Full Rpm.
                      WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

Working...
                      X