Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SLT750 fuel pump mod ... is this correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLT750 fuel pump mod ... is this correct?

***update - please see my post (linked below), and thank you for mentioning to mount it elsewhere, I just wanted to make sure it worked before finding a more permanent solution ***

Followed the directions to a T. I've been having other fuel related issues (see link at bottom), so I don't suspect any faulty parts from the kit (a nice package!).

I'm getting fuel blowing out from where the arrow points. Is my OEM fuel pump bad? I blew in the impulse line and it won't hold any pressure.

My other issue: http://server1.sbtontheweb.com/forum...ad.php?t=14866
    Last edited by tweakmeister; 08-23-2005, 08:53 PM.

Re: SLT750 fuel pump mod ... is this correct?

Comment

any ideas on this (see link to previous thread)?

I'm dropping $50 on a fuel pump rebuild kit tomorrow. The ski has been flawless up until this point, now I've dumped 30% of its value in simple parts chasing an undiagnosable issue.

Comment

tweakmeister
        How did it work out?
        Drydock

Comment

First off if you are getting fuel out of that hole then your diaphram is most likely ruptered or your hose routing is incorrect.If you are sure of the hose routing then disassemble the pump and inspect it.
          Second the fuel pump should not be mounted on the water rail on top of the engine. Not only is the vibration terrible up there but if the fuel pump or lines ever develop a leak you will have fuel all over the top of the motor and very close to the spark plug boots. Bad news. Mount it on one of the origional screws holding the origional fuel pump behind the carbs.Use a slightly longer bolt.
          Last edited by WATERCRAFTSERVICES; 03-21-2005, 12:40 AM.
          WATERCRAFT SERVICES. PROVIDING THE RESIDENTS OF HOUSTON AND SURROUNDING AREAS WITH QUALITY WORK ON THEIR PWC AT A FAIR PRICE.

Comment

The top line in your pic should be the pulse line - you didn't hook the fuel to it did you? The directions say to mount it to the hull.
            SBT Tech Support is here to help with your problems.
            We try to answer each question quickly and accurately.
            Please do not use Private Messaging for Tech Support, use the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X